Our client provides design and quality assurance services to its high-end, American fashion customers. Most of the garments it designs are ladies woven garments and cut and sew knits and the remaining is men’s wear.
THE POSITION - Head of Design
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will manage a team of 10 designers, will work on the companies in-house collection for the clients as well as cooperate with their clients’ design teams abroad to source fabric and trims. He/She will make creative presentations to its clients.
- Analyze global fashion trends.
- Lead the design team to implement design concept & drive art direction for seasonal development.
- Deliver creative presentations to customers.
- Travel 2 to 3 times per year to US / EU for client visits and exploration of new fashion trends.
- Occasional travel to China is required.
Degree holder in Fashion Design from overseas top design institutions (e.g. Central St Martin, Parsons School of Design).
Minimum 10 years' experience in fashion design & product development of men’s & ladies’ wear for US / EU high
Strong fashion sense & taste and able to work in a creative environment.
Excellent communication with overseas design teams & buyers.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Exposure in Digital / 3D Design is definitely an advantage.
Excellent written & spoken English.
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.