Our client is a leading designer, exporter and manufacturer of knitwear, experienced in supplying specialized knitwear products for top brands and retailers around the world.
THE POSITION - Senior Designer - Sweater
- Responsible for all design functions ranging from trend analysis, design of marketable collections from themes and concepts to completion of specification for fitting and
- Work closely with merchandising team for yarn development, seasonal collection, tailor-made customer project research and design.
- Translate design directions and concepts to technical drawing size fitting as well as communication with technician and merchandiser throughout the whole process.
- Research seasonal fashion trend, colors, fabrication and accessories.
- Design and explore the latest technologies on yarns and knitting techniques.
- Work independently on sampling, project summaries and presentation boards.
- Conduct seasonal design presentations to buyer and frontline operations.
Degree holder in Fashion Design or related disciplines.
Minimum 6 years of experience in design & development of men’s and women’s sweater.
Knowledge of the trend in US/ EEC/ Japan market(s) is an advantage.
Sound knowledge in sweater techniques, fabrication & accessories.
Proficient in drawing tools and hand drawing for quick sketching ideas.
Good command of both spoken and written English.
Highly initiative and well-organized with strong presentation and communication skills.