Our client is a world leader in design, product development, sourcing and logistics of consumer goods for leading brands and retailers worldwide. Its beauty division is a world leading formulators and suppliers of packaging, applicators, accessories and POS solutions for luxury Beauty brands as well as major retailers globally. It has more then 3,000 people in locations around the world, factories in the US, UK, China, Indonesia and Thailand, the R&D facilities in the UK, Southern China, Indonesia and Thailand to develop new formulations to support the business expansion.
THE POSITION - Cosmetics R&D Manager, China
Based in Dongguan, China, the R&D Manager will report to the China R&D head, and manage the manufacturing stream R&D facilities and services in China of over 10 staffs, covering color cosmetics, skin care, and fragrance.
- Ensure timely implementation of all the R&D plans and initiatives to achieve operational excellence through effective R&D facility and formulation development, project management, process alignment and improvement, as well as people management.
- Manage and direct the R&D projects, ensuring that the projects milestones are met and adhering to budgets, and to capitalize on potential new products.
- Develop and implement R&D procedures and technique. Coach the R&D teams on all the key aspects of work performance, and where appropriate recommend development plans promotion or further improvement in areas of poor performance.
- Work closely with the internal manufacturing service team and suppliers, providing technical advice in production scaling up.
- In conjunction with Business Development departments of the client, strive to achieve new business opportunities that will enhance both the profitability and reputation of the manufacturing business.
- Ensure full compliance with all the Regulatory & Industrial laws and operating practices pertinent to the correct operation of the R&D facility.
Bachelor degree or higher in Chemical, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Photochemistry, or Biotechnology Science.
5 years’ experience in formulating skin care or color cosmetics.
5 years’ working experience in a management role.
- Working knowledge of FDA, Formulation Design and Critical Parameter Management.
- Knowledge of cosmetics formulation/raw materials, R&D instruments and equipment.
- Wide-range and hand-on knowledge of local and international R&D compliances, including European regulations, SFDA and GMPC.
- Good command of written and spoken English is an advantage.