Our client is a multinational furniture company that sources and develops case goods and upholstery for well-known brands and retailers in the United States and Europe. It is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to lead one of its business units that sources much of its product from Vietnam. It is expanding its sourcing base into Indonesia and India. The customers are large American furniture retailers, selling high quality life style furniture made of solid woods, veneers, metals and glass.
THE POSITION - QA Manager - Finishing
Based in Ho Chi Minh City and reporting to the Country Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager will focus much of his/her attention upon improving the processes regarding the finishing of the case goods. He /She will work in the factories with the product development teams.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate key technical personnel, including finishing personnel and sanding personnel; if required.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate colour concepts and finishes for new furniture, materials or clients.
- Foster the development of good relations with other departments by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
- Foster the development of good relations with material suppliers by initiating meetings and updating newest materials and application techniques.
- Supervise the maintenance of written procedures manual for technical and production procedures.
- Evaluate the operation of finishing equipment in vendor’s factories.
- Maintain technical and current trend knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional vendor meetings.
- Report to the Senior Manager of PD Department and Design Team on a regular basis to give an update on artistic activity.
Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Degree holder preferred.
Minimum 8 years’ solid experience in furniture and at least 3 years’ experience at a supervisory level.
Good communication, leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of production processes and experience in working as a member of a creative team.
- Artistic leadership ability, contribute to team effort in order to accomplish related results.
- Knowledge and awareness of local, national and international finishing methods and workmanship.
- Knowledge of the colour finishing industry’s Health and Safety Standards.
- Strong product knowledge in wood and metal furniture will be an advantage. Ideally has experience working in a factory and later in western buying offices.
- Knowledge in the US market is preferred.
- Good network with factories and suppliers in Vietnam, Indonesia and India.