Our client owns four woven garment factories in and near Dhaka, Bangladesh that employ approximately 12,000 employees. It is in the process of building a fifth facility. The factories are modern and comply with safety and social compliance requirements of major retail customers, most of which are European. Our client is seeking a Fashion Designer based in Hong Kong.
THE POSITION - Fashion Designer - European Market
Based in Hong Kong, the role will report to the Spanish Design Director who is based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The successful candidate will design ranges for customers such as Zara, H&M, VF and Marks & Spencer. He/She will travel to Dhaka on a monthly basis spending a week to review samples.
- • Responsible for design and product development for women’s wear.
- • Handles product development process from sample development sketch to pre-production sample.
- • Works closely with merchandising and product development teams, the design Director to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- • Researches latest fashion trends, materials and trim sourcing, colors, theme boards.
- • Liaises and communicates with overseas customers.
- • Diploma or above in fashion design or related disciplines.
- • Several years or relevant working experience ideally with clients such as Zara, Marks & Spencer, or H&M.
- • Familiar with fabric and trim.
- • Be enthusiastic about fashion design following trends
- • Good at hand sketching and drawing.
- • Good team player, self-motivated, energetic, and flexible.