Our client owns four woven garment factories employing 12,000 workers in Bangladesh, one of which is located in Comilla, a city located two hours away from Dhaka. The factories are modern and comply with safety and social compliance requirements of their major retail customers, most of which are European brand names such as H&M, C&A, GAP, S. Oliver, and Decathlon. Our client is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to oversee the quality function in the Comilla factory that employs 1,800 workers.
THE POSITION - Garment QA Manager - Bangladesh
Based in Comilla, Bangladesh and reporting to the Factory Manager and Executive Director, the Quality Assurance Manager will manage and control quality from fabric and trims reception until shipment. The successful candidate will oversee the staff of the factory, which makes washed bottoms and outerwear, specializing in seam sealing, padded jackets, wash and non-wash garments.
- • Implement SOP for buyers.
- • Identify and monitor to improve critical processes.
- • Monitor audit control reports checking for quality and measurement for sewing complete garments.
- • Ensure that DHU (Defects per Hundred Units) level is maintained and constantly improved in the sewing lines.
- • Monitor garments received in finishing.
- • Performance will be measured by buyer inspection pass rate, technical audit pass rate, claims from buyers, and process control.
- • Fabric inspection, shade band segregation, and fabric shrinkage testing.
- • Analyse and authorize countrywide fabric lot allocation based on testing results.
- • Trims inspection and quality reports.
- • Monitor samples for pre-production.
- • Finalize patterns before bulk. Ensure that pre-production activities are followed and that proper risk analysis is done before bulk production.
The successful candidate is currently holding a position of Quality Assurance Manager or Head of Quality, and is working in a well-managed garment factory that works with large retail customers from Europe or the United States. He / She has at least 5 years experience in a management role in the quality field.
- • Experience in handling wash garments, with heavy washing experience being preferred, as significant risk analysis needs to be done for heavy wash programs and the rest of the business involves heavy washing.
- • Knowledge of quality systems from pattern checking, size set, PPM, pilot check, and approval. In process quality control at cutting, sewing, and packing, based on Statistical Quality Control (SQC) Principles & Procedures including Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Standards.
- • Possesses a degree / diploma in Textiles, Process Control, Operations, Quality Assurance Management or a related degree.
- • Good grasp of commercial sense, adapts to the Buyer’s quality requirements to best implement them.