Our client is a market leader in supply chain management, providing services to worldwide market. One of its business units that dedicates in serving notable American retailers is looking for a DMM / GM to manage the Asian development and sourcing activities.
THE POSITION - DMM / GM - Fabric & Material
Division Manager / Director – Fabric & Material
Based in Hong Kong, this position will report to the Vice President. He/She will provide diverse and up to date fabrics, trimmings and market information, and work closely with other teams to reinforce seasonal fashion trends by continuous sourcing of new direction and innovation techniques on fabrics and trimmings.
- • Attend fabric fairs and sourcing trips.
- • Analyze and classify fabric and textile trends based on external market information (Store / Website visit) and the directions provided by the customers.
- • Provide direction and information to the core suppliers in developing and selecting fabrics.
- • Work closely with mills and suppliers to identify and co-ordinate fabrics suitable for customers’ products.
- • Set up regular internal presentations on new trends and fabric direction, as well as inter-departmental information on fabrics used and of interest to the company.
- • Present fabric and textile trends in a form that is suitable for internal and external use.
- • Conduct counter fabric and accessories research.
- • Review mock up and proto samples.
- • Counter source fabrics and accessories in case there is price issue.
• At least 10 years relevant experience and especially knowledge in ladies’ wear.
• With a solid design background.
• Experience in an international brand environment preferably with background in the American market.
• Advanced abilities in product development, R&D, brand management, business development, supplier relations and pricing.
• Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proactive, mature, responsible, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Creative thinking, and able to develop innovative concept.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Good communication and presentation knowledge.
• Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.