Our client owns four woven garment factories in and near Dhaka, Bangladesh that employ approximately 15,000 employees. It is in the process of building a fifth facility. The factories are modern and comply with safety and social compliance requirements of major retail customers, most of which are European. Our client is seeking a Fashion Designer based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
THE POSITION - Fashion Designer - Dhaka
The role will report to the Spanish Design Director. 2 to 3 years contract basis. The position would be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position will handle the clients including H&M, VF and Marks & Spencer.
- • Responsible for design and product development for woven menswear and women swear.
- • Handle product development process from sample development sketch to pre-production sample.
- • Work closely with merchandising and product development teams, Design Director to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- • Research latest fashion trend, material and trim sourcing, colors, theme boards.
- • Carry out fitting and developing size specifications.
- • Liaise and communicate with overseas customers.
• Diploma or above in fashion design or related disciplines.
• Preferably one year or relevant working experience; Fresh graduates will be considered.
• Be familiar with fabric and trim.
• Be enthusiastic about fashion design.
• Good at hand sketching and drawing.
• Good team player, self-motivated, energetic, and flexible.