Our client is a world leading formulators and suppliers of packaging, applicators, accessories and POS solutions for luxury Beauty and Wine & Spirits brands as well as major retailers globally. It has more then 3,000 people in locations around the world, factories in the US, UK, China, Indonesia and Thailand, R&D labs in the UK, China and Thailand.
Due to the increasing business demand, the company is looking for Direction of Business Strategy & Optimization to design and implement operations processes for continuous improvement as well as support the cross team strategic business and operations projects for driving overall efficiency and effectiveness in the organization.
THE POSITION - General Manager - Business Strategy & Op
Director, Business Strategy & Optimization
Based in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will report to SVP of Operations and will supervise 9 subordinates in finance analysis and operations. The successful candidate will drive the strategic operations processes and support the strategic goals to achieve a more efficient and effective organization, with measurable KPIs for continuous process improvement (CPI) beyond financials. This role will drive the visibility of the big picture of the overall business, connecting the dots, driving alignment, productivity and consistency across categories team.
- • Processes definition & improvement: identification and implementation of common best practices across business/ teams, shaping a standard ways of working, clear KPIs for efficiency measurement and benchmarking.
- • Coordination and drive for ad-hoc, cross team operational projects.
- • Contract management: establish standardization and discipline in all contracts’ management with customer and suppliers, to protect the business from possible risk and liabilities.
- • Work in close collaboration with cross business/functional teams in streamlining order processing task, reduce wastage, review and restructure how administrative work is being organized or managed, identify opportunities to do more with less.
- • Manage analytics and market intelligence that provide fact based and sensible data to help business leaders in decision making.
• Degree holder in Accounting, Business or Finance discipline
• Strong finance knowledge: understanding major finance functions and processes
• Good experience in manufacturing operations is a plus
• Proficiency in project management
• Analytical with strong problem solving skills
• Effective communicator: able to listen with empathy and assertiveness in communication
• Continuous-Process-Improvement: well versed in process mapping and improvement; must be able to monitor progress and set the pace for change and introduce change (some experience in Lean or Six Sigma will be an added advantage)
• Able to ‘connect the dots’ within the organization be able to keep the Big Picture in mind
• Knowledge in manufacturing/supply chain operations in Beauty industry
• Good understanding of supply chain management process
• Be strong in negotiation, presentation, fluent English and Chinese, demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Occasional travel is required