Our client is a world leader in the design, development, sourcing and logistics of consumer goods for leading brands and retailers worldwide.
It has a beauty division that has more than 3,000 staffs around the world with factories in the USA, UK, China, Indonesia and Thailand, as well as R&D labs in the UK, China and Thailand.
THE POSITION - Divisional Manager - Business Operations
Divisional Manager – Business Operations
The candidate will integrate the drastic change to structure recently implemented in the Beauty Division requiring a centralized leader able to drive common processes and supporting the strategic goal to achieve a more efficient and effective organization, with measurable KPIs for continuous process improvement beyond financials. This role will drive the visibility of the big picture of the overall business, connecting the dots, driving alignment, productivity and consistency across categories team.
- • Processes Definition & Improvement: identification and implementation of common best practices across category teams, shaping a standard way of working, clear KPIs for efficiency measurement and benchmarking.
- • Coordination and drive for ad-hoc, cross category needs of Top Customers requirements, i.e. sustainability projects.
- • Contract management: establish standardization and discipline in all contracts’ management with customer and suppliers, to protect the business from possible risk and liabilities.
- • Work in close collaboration with the Central Operations team in streamlining order processing task, reduce wastage, review and restructure how administrative work is being organized or managed.
- • Manage analytics and market intelligence that provide fact based and sensible data to help business leaders in decision-making.
Bachelors Degree in Business/Finance or related discipline.
Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in Business analysis, Operations or Budgeting.
Knows the business: good experience in Merchandising/FMCG, familiar with china base suppliers and manufacturing flow (GMP) – Beauty and personal care experience would be an added advantage.
Continuous-Process-Improvement: must be able to monitor progress and set the pace for change and introduce change (some experience in Lean or Six Sigma will be an added advantage).
Effective communicator, able to listen with empathy and assertiveness in communication.
Able to ‘connect the dots’ within the organization being able to keep the Big Picture in mind.
Have strong strategic mindset and business acumen.
A strategic thinker and a good team player.
Ability to engage people of different levels, functions and cultures.
Self-driven and result oriented.
Strong presentation and communication skills (internally and externally with customers). Fluency in English is required.